The Ultimate Latex Makefile
This is a Latex Makefile that Does It All. It removes the
burden of manually running latex and bibtex
commands, compiling all the required dependencies automatically.
Get it here.
Drop the downloaded file in your LaTeX source directory, and
run make. That should give you a nice DVI file.
The following options are available:
- make pdf
- Make PDF files out of all tex documents in the directory.
- make ps
- Make postscript files out of all tex documents in the
- make clean
- Remove all the compilation results and intermediate files.
- make foo.pdf
- Make only foo.pdf, ignoring other source files in the
If you prefer not to have the makefile complain about EPS file
dependencies, comment the last lines out of the file. If you use the
package, internal PDF hyperlinks will be automatically created.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
- Improved cross-platform compatibility. Optional manual definition of dependencies. Patches submitted by Timo Kiravuo.
- Tex file dependencies are now computed on a per-file basis
(instead of per-directory, as before). Please report, whether this
works better or worse than the previous version.
- Handling of the included TeX files and dependencies is now
more intelligent (a patch submitted by Rainer Jung)
- Initial public release
- Made the Makefile output somewhat less verbose
- Fixed a simple bug in Bibtex file dependency detection
- Added support for multiple Bibtex files